Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Godly Woman in Your Life

The Godly Woman in Your Life

In Titus 2:3-5 Paul clearly points out the responsibility of the older women to "admonish the young woman to love their husbands, to love their children.....be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed." The role of older Christian women is to teach younger women the ways of the Lord. These women show proof of their salvation by the way they live their lives, not sinless, but filled with desire for the Lord and His glorification. They are more often married and are mothers (although, "older" may mean mature in faith, so a younger women could be a mentor), who have struggled in their walk, but are full of faith. Every Christian woman, no matter what age, needs a godly woman in her life to keep her accountable, reproof her when necessary, and pray for her.

I am so fortunate to have a godly woman in my life who I meet with weekly. This woman is not perfect, in fact, she reveals her sin to me more often than I do her. She is open and sincere. She prays for me on regular basis (I can tell). She is a godly wife to her husband and wonderful mother to her son. She is modestly clothed and is very feminine. Most importantly, she loves the Lord. Sometimes when I get caught up in the World the rest of the week, I can meet with her and snap back into the Eternal.

I'd like to know......who is the godly woman in your life? What is she like? What attributes do you feel a godly woman would possess?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A godly woman should be modest, submissive to her father (or husband if she is married), always in search of the most Christlike way to live and help her father/husband, continually questioning her worldviews to see if they align with Scripture, following the lead of Christ and her husband, challenging other women to examine their own lives in light of the Word of God.

theups said...

Hi Melissa!
WONDERFUL post! I can see that the Lord is teaching you and growing you a lot. What a blessing!!!

I don't have an "older" godly woman in my life, but I do have a godly woman in my life whose life is a great model to me of longing to follow hard after Christ. I am blessed to have her in my Sunday School class. It is a JOY to talk with her everytime I see her. She radiates Christ and that is just sooo beautiful to me!!!

Thank you for sharing this and reminding us all to desire to look more like Christ and less like the world. :)

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via a link on the web. Welcome to Bloggysphere! And, thank you for sharing. This post got me thinking. I am fortunate to have more than one godly woman in my life, in particular one friend who I am very close to and respect much.

I think a godly woman mirrors the Lord's beauty and gentleness (not to be confused with being quiet). She is wise and prudent. She waits with good spirit. She is honest with tact. She nurtures...

Have a beautiful day! Be so blessed in your blessing others.

Susan Godfrey said...

I've too been doing a lot of thinking about Godly women...in fact, I've been writing a series on Titus 2.