Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My #1 Priority

This school semester has been a very trying one for me. I've busied myself with idleness and I reek of worldly conformity. The past few months I have not spent much time with the Lord, aside from breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are on speaking terms, although it does not happen much either way. I want intimacy with God that I have not had in a long time. I have been completely resting upon my eternal security (Romans 6:15), and ignored God's presence in my life.

Because of this, I feel like a huge part of me is missing. I feel distant and often alone. I know that it is my relationship with the Lord that needs to be strengthened. I desire to grow closer to Him through prayer and reading His word. Please pray for me as I grow closer to the Lord that I will make that my #1 priority.

"Revive me, Oh Lord, for Your name's sake! For Your righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble." Psalm 143:11

3 comments:

Mrs. U said...

Oh how I know TOO well exactly what you have described!!!!! It is SO easy to just go along with the speed of the world, all the while ignoring the still small voice of God calling you to intimate fellowship with Him.

Yes, I will definitely pray for you. Please pray for me, as well.

His,
Mrs. U

Miss Julianne said...

I will pray for you! It is good that you miss Him; it is evidence of the relationship that you have with Him.

Remember: draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. That is a promise!

Sit down with a cup of tea and your Bible, and decide to spend at least 30 or so minutes reading without stopping. It is amazing how you won't want to stop! Then do that every day. When I need a relationship "boost" with God, I read either Psalms, Proverbs, the gospels, or James. Those sections remind me of the wonderful God that I serve and make me want to fly back into His arms!

Anonymous said...

Countless times I ignore the Lord and act like He's not there. Then I sometimes wonder how He feels whenever I shun Him. It really hurts when I stop to think about how much He has given me and how little I give in return. To give Him my time, my plans, and my life is such a small sacrifice compared to Calvary. This spiritual race isn't easy. It's an endurance run. Press on. May we both strive to make Jesus our #1 priority.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." ~ Phil. 3:12

- your brother in Christ