Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 2: Defeat Gossip Challenge

Day 2 Challenge: "Agree with friends and family not to gossip"

Question:
What do YOU consider to be gossip among others? Can you talk about the truth with others about someone without it being considered gossip? Where is the line drawn?
___________________________________________

UPDATE: Making an announcement, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye! I will know longer be gossiping, so please make note!" is really not easy, or the best way to handle alerting others of my challenge. It really is best talking to people one-on-one about it. For instance: A friend of mine and I were discussing a situation concerning a particular person I am close to. After telling the situation, which was needful to be told, I committed to my friend that I was not going to say anything negative about this person....period! Emphasizing this to my friend encourages me to be an example to her, and her accountability helps keep my attitude in check.

3 comments:

Dead Theologians said...

I suppose when someone else is the topic the content needs to be about the building up of someone or the genuine prayer for someone.

DT

Mrs. U said...

Good question!!!! I SO struggle with this. Just tonight at church, a sweet friend was talking kindly about a former coworker of hers and I added an unkind (and TOTALLY unnecessary) remark. WHY? WHAT did it offer the conversation? Did it build up the Lord? Not at all.

I have SUCH a ways to go in this area. :(

His,
Mrs. U

Mrs. U said...

This will DEFINITELY be an encouragement to your friend!! Good for you!!

His,
Mrs. U