Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Money Isn't Everything

Last night, I had a conversation with my dad.  He informed me that he lost a contract with a large company he and my mom do business with.  This was a MAJOR contract, their largest yet.  The company did a rebid, and they lost out.


With a happy tone in voice, he told me that it was okay.  He prayed about the situation and he knows that God had their best interest in mind.  He reminded me that money isn't everything, but family is more important.   I have a niece who is depending a lot on them right now, and they see this as an opportunity to really focus on her.

In the world we live in today, to have parents that tell us that money isn't everything....that's a good thing.  If they are practicing what they preach...well, that's even better.

3 comments:

Especially Heather said...

Amen! Parents just rock, don't they? It sounds like you have an amazing father who knows what life is truly about..
-H

Unknown said...

Amen to that! My husband and I are very conscious of practicing what we preach and our kids are so blessed because of it -- there isn't any confusion. Your father sounds like a strong man of faith.

Catie said...

What a blessing to have a father you can look up to and respect! :) Blessings!